When having a collision repair performed on your car it is important to have a company you can trust. Silverton based, Silver Creek Auto Body has been in business for over 30 years, serving the needs of residents like you. Needing collision repair is something you don’t plan, and something most of us would rather avoid. We understand where you are at and we do our best to make the collision repair process as comfortable and pleasant as possible. We are happy to answer any questions that you have about your car, vehicle safety, the process, rental cars, or anything else.
Types of Vehicles
We can help you with your collision and damage repair needs for nearly any automobile. We are able to order the highest quality original equipment manufacturer parts or better for any type of car domestic to import.
Auto Body Collision Repair Process
We have a streamlined process that guarantees your car is repaired to the highest quality safety and visual standards.
- You can call, email, drop by for us to inspect your vehicle & start the process of documenting the damage to your vehicle.
- If you are paying for repairs out of your pocket (no insurance) we will complete an estimate at this time. If you are going through insurance then move to
- Contact your insurance company and inform them you are going to use Silver Creek Auto Body for your automobile collision repairs. This day and age most insurance companies are using a virtual form of initially estimating the damages to your vehicle. This method, while not ideal for accuracy of actual damages, gets the ball rolling to start your claim. The insurance company may also write a check or electronically pay you based on this initial virtual estimate. That is also ok. The initial payment is only a means of starting a reserve for your claim. If we find additional damage when we repair your vehicle, we will bill the insurance company directly for the additional damages. When you receive the initial estimate from your insurance company you then need to forward that estimate to Silver Creek Auto Body to schedule repairs. If you need a rental vehicle when your vehicle is being repaired we will also need to know this so one can be scheduled for you.
- Your vehicle arrives at Silver Creek Auto Body and is checked in for repairs. A repair authorization and direct billing authorization is signed by you. This repair authorization states we are working for you, not your insurance company. That needs to be clear. We negotiate with insurance companies as a courtesy but the insurance policy & what an insurance company is willing to pay is between you and the insurance company. A rental car will be on-site if one was set up. Please note that you will need a valid driver’s license and a credit card to rent the vehicle. If the repair is going through an insurance company, there will be a deposit taken on the credit card. This is a deposit to make sure the vehicle is returned with the correct amount of gas. The deposit & any billing through the rental car company is between the rental company and you. We simply facilitate the signing of the contract between you and the rental car facility.
- We will order original manufacturer specification parts and supplies that will be needed to repair the collision damage to your car. We use only the highest quality industry parts that will be matched for your car. We order your parts at the beginning of the repair to reduce downtime and delays. Every part is directly shipped to our state of the art collision repair shop in Silverton, Oregon.
- The vehicle is disassembled according to estimate and is thoroughly inspected for additional damage. At this point, the vehicle computer is scanned to diagnose saved crash data. A repair plan is initiated and additional parts, if any, are ordered. The insurance company will be contacted at this point, if required, to make a record of any additional repair items. An initial negotiation will be attempted at this point with the insurance company. We DO NOT negotiate rates, required procedures and labor times. Procedures are determined by the vehicle manufacturer. The collision facility will accept 100% of the liability on a repair. With that being said, this is the reason procedures and labor times are not negotiated. If repair times are going to be extended then an extension of the rental car will be requested at this time as well.
- Vehicles in the process are reviewed every morning and calls are then made to you with progress updates.
- When your vehicle has reached the final process of being cleaned, you will be contacted with a time of completion and pickup time.
- You can come to get your completely repaired automobile. You will receive the final paperwork when you take delivery of your car. Arrive in your rental to our auto body shop in Silverton, Oregon with the same amount of gas that was in the car at the time of rental.